2 cups all-purpose flour 2 large eggs (beaten)
1 tsp. baking soda 4 large overripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 tsp. salt 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (softened) 1/2 cup finely diced walnuts or pecans (optional)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 5"x 9" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, banana, vanilla, cinnamon, (and nuts if desired).
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 60-65 mins, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 mins, then finish cooling on wire rack.
- Optional step, cut while warm and serve with butter.